Happy new year!
Technical note about primitive segmentation is moved into a separate post.
Notable WebRender and Gecko changes
- Jeff fixed some issues with blob image recoordination.
- Dan improved the primitive interning mechanism in WebRender.
- Kats fixed a bug with position:sticky.
- Kats fixed a memory leak.
- Kats improved the CI.
- Kvark fixed a crash caused by empty regions in the texture cache allocator.
- Kvark fixed a division by zero in a shader.
- Matt improved to the frame scheduling logic.
- Matt fixed a hit-testing issue with opacity:0 divs.
- Matt fixed a blob image validation issue.
- Matt improved the performance of text DrawTargets.
- Matt prevented opacity:0 animation from generating lots of CPU work.
- Matt fixed a pixel snapping issue.
- Matt reduced the number of YUV shader permutations.
- Lee fixed a bug in the FreeType font backend that caused all sub-pixel AA text to be shifted by a pixel.
- Lee implemented font variation on Linux.
- Emilio fixed a clipping issue allowing web content to draw over the tab bar.
- Emilio fixed a border rendering corruption.
- Glenn added suport for picture caching when the content rect changes between display lists.
- Glenn fixed some picture caching bugs (2, 3, 4, 5).
- Glenn removed redundant clustering information.
- Glenn fixed a clipping bug.
- Sotaro and Bobby lazily iniztialized D3D devices.
- Sotaro fixed a crash on Wayland.
- Bobby improved memory usage.
- Bobby improved some of the debugging facilities.
- Bobby shrunk the size of some handles using
- Bobby improved the shader hashing speed to help startup.
- Glenn fixed a picture caching bug with multiple scroll roots.
- Glenn improved the performance of picture caching.
- Glenn followed up with more picture caching improvements.
The team is going through the remaining release blockers.
Enabling WebRender in Firefox Nightly
In about:config, set the pref “gfx.webrender.all” to true and restart the browser.
The best place to report bugs related to WebRender in Firefox is the Graphics :: WebRender component in bugzilla.
Note that it is possible to log in with a github account.